Hello!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Beloved Leader: I am the Sun and the Moon...Venus too

Beloved Leader

On-the-spot whimsy and wisdom from a Benevolent Despot.

Sunday, January 23, 2005

I am the Sun and the Moon...Venus too

I just had a chongchon pyorak thought in the hot tub last night. I was enjoying a cognac and a Cuban with a few Party chairmen and some select entertainers when I glanced at my work calendar which was laid across my sun-motif bathrobe.

All of the Korean days of the week correspond directly to the same heavenly bodies referenced by the West!

The Cuban confirmed this for me. She supplied the Spanish while I plugged in the English. I give you another Korean lesson. Even though the Spanish screwed up the weekends, probably for church shit, everything else fits.

Sunday...obviously, the Sun. Il-yo-il (Il is the "sun" sino character, just like in my name, yo-il is day of the week) in Korean.

Monday...the Moon. Lunes in Spanish. Wol-yo-il (Wol = moon character).

Tuesday, Martes. Hwa-yo-il (Hwa is the fire character). Hwasong "Firestar" is Korean for Mars.

Wednesday, Miercoles. Su-yo-il (Su is water). Susong "Waterstar" is Mercury.

Thursday, Jueves. Mog-yo-il (Mok is wood). Mogsong "Woodstar" is Jupiter.

Friday, Viernes. Kum-yo-il (Kum, same as Kim, is Gold). Kumsong "Goldstar (They make shitty TVs)" is Venus.

Saturday...Saturn. To-yo-il (To is dirt), Tosong "Dirtstar" is Saturn.

If that is not just plain creepy, look at the rest of the planets.

Uranus = Chon Wang Song (Sky King Star)

Neptune = Hae Wang Song (Sea King Star)

Pluto = Myong Wang Song (Dead King Star)

They are all named after someone else's mythology, even in Korean! I must fix this shit! There is no reason we must soil our daily lives with names derived in some alien culture!

My proposal is to name them after great Korean names!
Kim-yo-il...a day off for the masses
Pak-yo-il
Li-yo-il
Nam-yo-il
Yang-yo-il
Kang-yo-il
Ko-yo-il

Gee...it is a good thing there are only seven days...I was running out.
The planets I can rename after superperforming factories, like "Kimchaek Ironworks Star," or something. Let me have another cognac and I will think on it.



4 Comments:

At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't mean to question the divinity of the Beloved One, but could one of the days be "yo-yo-il" ? It just sounds kind of nice.

 
At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Party Pooper here, I don't mean to question the divinity of the Beloved One, but could one of the days be "yo-yo-il" ? It just sounds kind of nice.

BTW If you don't like that idea, then I just remembered that I don't like it all either.

And if you do like the idea, then of course I just remembered that it was your idea in the first place.

 
At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh, can you track me now, dear Kim-Jong-Il. I dare to guess whether you are the calibre of your beloved daddy. Show us some of your powers. But, as always, I remain yours, faithfully.

 
At 5:47 AM, Blogger Beloved Leader said...

I can make a cat go "Woof!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home